Chevy: 989-773-3937 | Buick, GMC, Cadillac: 989-773-3917 Hours & Directions

Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision FAQs

Answers to All Your Collision Questions
From the Experts at Graff Mt Pleasant

Ask A Certified Technician
at Hank Graff Collision
Center Anything

Frequently Asked Questions
Collision FAQs on Accidents and Collision Work

The Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center team is here to answer all your questions and take the stress out of collision repairs. Whether you have questions about what to do if you are involved in an accident, or if you’d like to know what to expect when you bring your car into our collision center for repair, Graff Mt. Pleasant is here for you. No matter what kind of car you drive, or what repairs you need, our expert team of trained collision technicians will get your vehicle looking and running like new. Take a look below for the answers to some frequently asked questions about accidents and collision work.

  • How do I get a copy of an accident report?

    If you are filing an insurance claim, they will most likely request a copy of the Police Accident Report as part of the insurance claim process. If you need to obtain a copy of this report for your own use, or for your insurance company’s claim, contact the offices of the responding police department.

  • What should I do if I'm involved in an accident?

    If you are involved in an accident, it’s important that you never leave the scene of an accident unless you are absolutely sure you have all the information you need to file your insurance claim. The information you will most likely need to exchange is license numbers, vehicle registration and insurance information of all drivers involved.

    You will also need to call 911 so the proper authorities can document the accident, or if a medical injury has occurred. If a parked vehicle or other property is damaged, or if a domestic animal is injured, you must locate the owner or contact the police. If you are not sure about anything, contact the authorities – better to be safe than sorry!

  • Should I call my insurance company, or will Graff Mt. Pleasant do it for me?

    We highly recommend that you contact your insurance company first. However, if you prefer for us to contact them on your behalf, we would be more than happy to do so – or we can call the insurance company together. Our staff at the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center is here to make this stressful process as easy as possible.

  • Where do I get a claim number?

    Your insurance company typically provides claim numbers at the time when you report your accident. All you need to do is bring that number with you to the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center and we can take care of the rest.

  • Will the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center or the parts needed for my repair before I bring my vehicle in for service?

    Yes, definitely! As soon as our Collision Center has your approval to repair your vehicle, we will order your parts. This will allow us to begin repairs on your vehicle as soon as you bring it in, getting you back on the road as quickly as possible.

  • How long will it take to fix my vehicle?

    Our Collision Center will work hard to repair your damaged vehicle promptly. However, the time it takes to make the necessary repairs will vary depending on the damage to the vehicle and the availability of the parts needed. Graff Mt. Pleasant knows how essential your car is to your everyday responsibilities, and we can provide a rental vehicle if needed!

  • Is my vehicle a total loss if the frame is damaged?

    Not necessarily. Your vehicle is only considered to be a total loss if the damage exceeds the value of the vehicle - your insurance company determines this. Most vehicles are built with a unibody meaning the frame and body are molded into one. 

    Our brilliant technicians have the knowledge and tools to help restore your vehicle back to factory specifications. If the damage is too extensive and it cannot be repaired, we will simply replace that part of the vehicle.

  • Can you match my vehicle's paint color?

    Of course! Our paint technicians have an extensive mixing system that can match your car’s existing paint precisely.

  • Should I replace my child's car seat after an accident?

    Yes. It is recommended by the National SAFEKIDS Network that you replace any car seat that has been in a vehicle during a collision.

  • Can I wash or wax my vehicle after it’s been painted at the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center?

    Yes! We do suggest, however, that if you are going to wash your car that you use a mild soap and a soft cloth/sponge. We recommend that you avoid commercial car washes for at least 30 days as the stiff brushes and super jets can scratch the finish.

    We also recommend that you do not wax your vehicle for at least 30 days as well – this gives your paint enough time to cure. The care you give your vehicle will determine how the paint will look for years after it has cured.

  • Do I have to pay a deductible when I pick my car up?

    If your insurance company requires you to pay a deductible, you will need to pay it when you come to pick your car up after completed repairs.

  • What forms of payment does the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center accept?

    We accept cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, check, and money orders as methods of payment.

  • Can the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center give me a ride home when I drop off my car?

    Yes! We are more than happy to give you a ride home or a ride to work. Also, we can come and pick you up when your vehicle’s repairs are completed.

  • What areas does the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center service?

    We are proud to serve customers all over Mid-Michigan, including Mt. Pleasant, Ithaca, Beal City, Winn, Delwin, Rosebush, Crawford, Alembic, Big Rapids, and beyond!